Safeguarding, including e-safety & Anti-Bullying
Miss Berresford – Designated Safeguarding Lead
Useful websites for advice and support about apps
- If you want to find out more about the apps children are using the NSPCC has an epic guide with details about Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snog and many, many more. details here:
- If you want to set parental controls on any of the internet connected devices you own have a look at
- Not sure about the age ratings on a game? Everything you need is here: www.pegi.info
- Worried about grooming or Child Sexual Exploitation? CEOP have a great Educational site with a section for parents and carers here: www.thinkuknow.co.uk The UK Safer Internet Centre has lots of helpful advice too, they are here: www.saferinternet.org.uk
- Classroom resources linked to the new Computing Curriculum: www.digital-literacy.org.uk
- For Childnets resources – including the free Facebook flyers (also available are twitter and snapchat guides) look here: www.childnet.com
- Pokémon Go Pokemon Go
- See below handy guide on suggested Age Restrictions on Social Media Apps:-
Derbyshire County Council have put together some guidance for parents and carers on social networking.
Parental Guidance – Social Media
Safeguarding Guidance – Parents
Social Media Guidance – Parents
Anti – bullying
ABW14 young people info sheet
KS1 ABW powerpoint-1
KS2 AWB Powerpoint
NSPCC children’s leaflet
If you are worried about anything, it could be something big or something small – don’t bottle it up. It can really help if you talk to someone. If there is something on your mind, ChildLine is here for you.
CEOP – Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre
If you have any concerns about a child you can click the below link at the bottom of all our website pages to anonymously report. Thank you.