SEND Information – Enhanced Resource
SENDCo – Mrs Emma Mahon
Please read our SEND information report to find out more about our provision here at Whaley Bridge Primary School.
The School has Enhanced Resource status, which means children with Special Educational Needs from a wide geographical area are integrated into our mainstream to receive the benefit of:
- Staff with expertise in a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Inclusion of children with special educational needs with TA support.
- Delivery of a differentiated curriculum within the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Teachers who carry out the Assess, Plan, Do and Review Cycle supported by the SENDCo, parents and support services.
- Experienced TAs who use the Assess, Plan, Do and Review targets to support and enhance daily teaching and learning.
- Enthusiastic mainstream staff who welcome into their classes children with a wide range of special educational needs.
- A ‘Total Communication’ (TC) approach using sign, symbol and speech to support an inclusive and communication rich environment.
- School buildings adapted to meet the needs of a variety of special educational needs.
- Swimming pool – swimming twice a week.
- Extensive school grounds providing a range of learning opportunities.
- Potential access to support services such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Behavior Support Service, Physical Impairment Service and Occupational Therapy team.
*Admission to our Enhanced Resource Provision is through the Derbyshire SEND team; if you are interested in a placement in the Enhanced Resource Provision your child’s current SENDCo will be able to advise you.
Useful links for parents
- Derbyshire Local Offer – Information for young people and children with SEND, families and professionals.
- Derbyshire SEND Service – Working in partnership with schools to provide specialist support services and facilities for a range of SEND needs.
- Derbyshire Information and Advice Support Service – Information, advice and support for children and young people with SEND, as well as their parents and carers.
- Quell – A new digital counselling support service, commissioned by Derby and Derbyshire CCG, for parents of children and young people across Derby and Derbyshire. This service is FREE and requires no formal referral.