Applying for Primary and Secondary School
Derbyshire County Council
All admission enquiries need to be made through the council directly. Please click on the below link to be directed.
Applying for primary school places
- If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 they will eligible to start school in September 2020. You should apply for their infant or primary school place by 15 January 2020. You will be able to make your application from 9am on 11 November 2019. If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 and is in their last year at infant school you should apply for their junior place by 15 January 2020. You will be able to make your application from 9am on 11 November 2019. The application process is quick and easy and you can also find information about how to choose a school and apply for a place in the guide for parents at that time.
- Primary Places Sept 2020
Applying for secondary school places
- If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 and is in their last year of primary school you should have apply for their secondary school place by 31 October 2019. All applications made on time receive equal consideration. They will start school in September 2020.If your child attends a school outside of Derbyshire which operates a different pattern of education and they are due to transfer to secondary school phase in September 2020, you should also make an application by 31 October 2018 and this information will also apply to you. More information can also be found here:- Secondary School Applications 2019
Open Day for Reception 2020 intake
- If your child is due to start in Reception in September 2020 and you would like to visit our school, please see the attached leaflet about our scheduled Open Days. If you are unable to make either of these days, please contact the school office and we will endeavour to make a suitable alternative appointment time.
- New Starter Open Day times Autumn 2019
- ER Open Afternoon Flyer 2019
Handy School Information
As well as our school brochure (Parent Information>School Brochure), below is a list of documents that will assist you and your child before they start school with us. Please contact the school office if you have any further questions or queries.
If you would like to arrange a tour, please contact school and speak to either Mrs Bingle, Mrs Casey or Mrs Sowerby