Year 3; Miss Carter
The Ancient Egyptians!
We will be travelling back in time to when Pharaohs ruled the world! We will explore the Ancient Egyptians and what life was like for them. We will investigate Howard Carter’s discovery of Tutankamun’s tomb and learn about the many Gods and Goddesses that were worshipped. Also, we will explore the burial process, the stages of mummification and the journey to the afterlife.
I hope that you enjoy this topic!
Here is our Homework Letter and Topic Web for the half term. These projects will be due in the 16th April.
- This term’s P.E. slot will be changed to Monday morning. Please make sure that the children have both their indoor and outdoor kits.
- Our class assembly is coming up – 20th April. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Parents’ evening will be the 17th and 19th of April.
Miss Carter and the Y3C team.
Welcome back and Happy New Year!
The Raucous Rainforest!
Our new topic is going to be very exciting as we are heading into the rainforest! We will be taking a closer look at the mysteries of tropical rainforests. From the layers of the forest and its animal inhabitants, to the unique climate found in the tropics. We will also explore debates for and against the destruction of rainforests. We will be conducting our own debates on this topic too.
Here is our Homework and Web for the half term. These projects will be due in on the 12th February.
- Weekly homework will go out on a Wednesday. This will be expected back on Monday.
- Swimming is on a Thursday morning. Please make sure your child has their kit.
- This term’s P. E. sessions will be led by UK Sports, which means our slot has changed to Monday afternoon. Please make sure that the children have both their indoor and outdoor kits.
- Weekly spelling lists will be sent out in homework books on a Wednesday. Weekly spelling tests will occur the following Wednesday.
- Our class assembly is coming up – 19th January. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
I hope that you enjoy this topic!
Miss Carter and Y3C team
Hello and welcome back!
We hope you had a super half term and are ready to begin our very exciting new topic.
The Savage Stone Age!
We will be travelling back in time to when humans lived in caves, used stone to make tools and weapons and hunted and gathered their food. Our homework this half term is linked to the Stone Age and we look forward to seeing all of your creative projects. These projects will be due in on the 11th December. See the links below to the topic web and homework letter, which provide an overview of what the children will be learning. We hope that you enjoy this wonderful topic!
Miss Carter and the Y3W team
Hello! Welcome to Y3W! We have made a wonderful start to the year and I am already so proud of all of Y3W because they have adjusted to junior life incredibly! They are all so grown up and hard working! Well done everyone!
Our first topic of the year is The Magnificent Moon Hare by Sue Monroe
We are enjoying learning all about the characters and reading the book together in class. You have had a topic web and homework letter sent home already but here is an electronic copy for your reference. Homework is due in on the last Monday of this half term please.
Swimming is on a Thursday morning
PE is on a Wednesday afternoon
Weekly homework should be handed in on a Monday. New homework will go out on a Wednesday.
Here is the presentation from our Meet the Teacher evening, for your reference:
Y3W Meet the teacher 2017
We hope you have a fabulous term and remember – use the website to find out more about school events, policies and specific dates.
Mrs Wilson and the Y3W team